Sunday, August 25, 2013

Inspirational Sunday Linky Party; Autumn Inspiration

 

Autumn in the Midwest is very different than the Autumn in the West Coast. Growing up in the Midwest where Autumn comes in like a lion and leaves like a lion helped develop in me a certain manic-like rush that begins around the first day of September and is gone almost as quickly as it comes. 

On one sunny golden day, sometime towards the end of September,  you will notice a few leaves in Goldenrod or Amaranth dotting the trees.  By the next week over half the woods are on fire with the reddest of reds and the orangest of orange.  The next week the entire landscape resembles the artist's painters pallet and it is a clear sign that Autumn has come again; it's time to fill the wood pile, bring in the squash and harvest the corn. Then just as sudden as it arrived; the leaves are gone, the air is filled with a cold mist and all that is left are shades of greys, browns and a little green and my manic mood is over.


I have always loved fall in the Midwest and it still carries through to my new Cali home; it continues to stir the creative juice that have been slumbering through the lazy days of summer.  I find myself gravitated to all things orange, red and yellow.  I'm inspired to gather the colorful leaves and arrange harvest scenes.  And I certainly can not forget the burn I feel as I enter Michael's craft store.

Even in Cali to simply walk into a Michael's store this time of year congers a flood of melancholy memories; cool crisp days spent crafting with my kids, planning Halloween costumes, and decorations for Thanksgivings past.  The spicy scent of cinnamon nips at my nose as the glass door slides open and my mind is swirling with inspiration.

It is amazing how inspiring a season can be; Autumn is where my creativity peaks to a new level each year and now that the faux pumpkins are lining the shelves of my favorite stores I know it won't be long.  I can't think of a better way to start out this week but with a little Autumn DIY inspiration.  I found this  DIY project on a website called UsefulDIY.com enjoy:

http://www.usefuldiy.com/diy-leaf-bowl/
So now it is your turn. What has inspired you this week? There is a few rules before you link up (but not many.)  Please help promote since that will make this so much more fun!
Rules:
1. Follow my blog via GFC, Bloglovin, or Network. If you are new please leave a comment so I can follow you back.
2.  Grab the button and post it on your blog.  Either on your blog or a specific post (if you do not have a blog you are excused from this step.)

Inspirational Sunday

3. Check out at least 2 other posts, follow if they are new to you, comment, etc.
4. Post something that you found inspirational this week, it can be from your blog or it can even be a project or even a piece of art you created for your shop. But do not link your main page or shop home page.
6. Limit 2 Blog posts and 1 Shop post
7. Have fun and get inspired




You may also like:
Let's Get Social Sunday
 photo NEWRIButton275x150_zpsf908716b.jpg

3 comments:

Lanaya | Raising Reagan said...

How beautiful. I love the changing of the seasons. Fall is my favorite.

Thank you for linking to Raising Imperfection.
Please come back Friday to see if you were featured. :)

¤´¨)
¸.•*´
(¸¤ Lanaya | xoxo
Raising-Reagan.com

allmylivesnow said...

Hello there, I tried to load the linky party button on my blog but it would not load, (?)
I really love and miss the change of seasons. I live in Florida so we have Summer and a cooler Summer. Your photos are lovely.
Following you via Bloglovin'.

Barbara @ www.allmylivesnow.com

allmylivesnow said...

FYI, the linky party button you have on the post is not working, although the linky party button on your side bar works. Button loaded and on my blog. :)