Friday, April 6, 2012

Freaky Funny Friday - TGIF Let's Just Have Fun! - April 6, 2012

I have been very curious of people who are able to live in very small towns after my personal attempt at living in a town of 7,000 in the mountains.  All though there were other (very nice) people, some small shops, and a Walmart I felt terribly isolated and removed from ... well everything.  I did not enjoy the experience but that of course is just because I am me and I am smart enough to know that there are many people that sincerely like it.  But this morning I ran across an article about Buford Wyoming and it really makes me just wonder, who in the world can live in a town with the population of 1? 

When talking to people that have lived in the city all their lives about being so glad to be back to civilization, I hear that they think it would be a wonderful change of pace; to slow down, not have the traffic, to not have crime, etc.  But I think what they do not realize is that if you live in a town of 1 or a town of 7,000 there is no other large town near by to hop over to.  That town is usually it, for hours, so there you sit with a Jones for Dairy Queen and you would have to drive 300 miles to get cone.  Anyway I just was very amused that someone could live for 38 years in a town with the population of 1, here is the link if I peaked your curiosity http://realestate.yahoo.com/promo/americas-tiniest-town-commands-a-big-price.html.

With Easter right around the corner I found these just too cute and funny comics on
www.craigboyce.com and had to share:


And of course since I am a postcard junky, here are some cute vintage Easter cards (I think there more cute than funny, but that is just me.)



HAVE A BLESSED DAY!!!

No comments: