Tuesday, April 23, 2013

National Postcard Week 2013 - Postcard Swap (Exchange)

Since the deadline to sign up for my National Postcard Week postcard swap is coming up in just a few days I am reposting this information.  This has been so much fun for me as a postcard collector so I really hope that you join the fun.  It is a great way to get unique postcards from all over the US and some other countries also.  If you have any questions email me at ButterflyInTheAttic at yahoo dot com.  The most important thing right now is to get your physical address to me by April 26th.

Postcard
It's that time of year again!  The nationally recognized week that every postcard collector and enthusiast anxiously waits for; National Postcard Week aka NCPW.  May 5th - 11th is a nationally (and some internationally) celebrated week filled with blog posts, team activities, clubs and best of all many great postcard swaps (exchanges!)
 
Starting today I will be gathering a list of names and addresses from those who would like to participate in the Pacific Postcards Team Card Swap.  While I would love to have you become a member, it is not necessary to participate in the NCPW postcard swap.  Instructions on how to join in this fun even will follow shortly.  But first, Why is this so exciting for postcard lovers?  Well let me tell you ;)


Postcards
from 2012
When you participate in a swap you potential will receive cards from all over the US and even other countries as well.  All it costs for you to participate is the actual cost of the cards and postage (one for each participant.)  Mine did add up a little last year but I received over 50 postcards in return!  Check out the posts that show some of the great cards I received:
http://butterflyintheattic.blogspot.com/2012/05/beautiful-end-to-national-postcard-week.html
http://butterflyintheattic.blogspot.com/2012/05/happy-national-postcard-week-2012.html







Instructions/Guidelines

1)  Very important!  Email me at ButterflyInTheAttic at yahoo dot com.  In the subject put either Postcard Swap or Postcard Exchange.  Include your name, Mailing address and let me know if you would like to be added to my email list to receive any future emails about the PPT team, promotions, and the Monthly News Letter that I am developing.


2)  Design or purchase already made cards, you can even use vintage cards that you would like to exchange if you want.  Personally I like the handmade cards but any will be great.  I also suggest that if you are purchasing already made cards get some that show something about where you live or have meaning to you


3)  Write on the back or have printed on the cards NPCW 2013 (you can see how others have done it in the past if you check out the ones I received last year)  Write on it your name and if  you designed it give a little description so we know what it is about.  Sign and numbering them is always nice.  Who knows maybe yours will end up in some collector magazine 50 years from now:)


4)  By Friday, April 26th the list will close and I will email the completed list by April 29th to all of the participants (NOTE:  I will only use this list for the specific exchange and will not be distributing it anywhere else)


5)  Now it is up to everyone that signed up:
During May 5th - May 11th send a postcard (or cards if you desire) to each participant on the list using their posted mailing address.


That's it!  Now just have fun!

 If you would like to take photographs of all the cards you receive and send them to me via email, I would love to post them on this blog.   Write a little blurb about your experience (I reserve editor's rights and may do grammar, spelling checks or trim down if needed.)

Any questions please email me at ButterflyInTheAttic at yahoo dot com. 

The more people participating the more fun it is so spread the word.
Blessings

From 2012

Links you may find useful:


4 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow those are some beautiful post cards! Makes me want to go buy some! I found you on Clippie Dips blog hop hopefully you can come visit my blog

Teresa @ Freebies 4 My Family!

Unknown said...

New follower and fan of your blog!

Unknown said...

LOVE your blog!! Love the design. :)
Thanks for participating in A Lovely Blog Hop with us! I’m your newest follower. :) LOVE your blog! Have a beautiful day! :)
<3 Amanda* http://modernhippiemomma.blogspot.com/

that suburban momma said...

I'd never have guessed that there is a nationally recognized post card week! What a fun idea to hold a swap!